Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Winter Training Season Begins

Hard to imagine on a day when temperatures soared into the mid-70s, but winter training officially started today.This evening, in Indy, many of my cycling buddies gathered in the gym with Coach Bob to begin the first of two eight-week sessions of core work, stretching, spin-ups, pyramids, threshold tests, sprints, killers, stomps, and various other kinds of torture that make us stronger cyclists (by increasing our threshold power) for the next season.

Now that I'm living in Bloomington, I had to make alternate plans. I've joined the IU gym, and signed up for "Little 500" power training on Tuesdays and an ordinary spin class on Thursdays. The first "Little 5" training session was this evening - one old man and a small group of 20-somethings. Definitely felt strange not training (and trashing talking) with the usual suspects, but I did get a good work-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment