Thursday, October 27, 2011

On the Road

Heading to Atlanta today for a "roundtable" at Emory Law School on "Climate in a Time of Dissensus." I've been busily scribbling a belated paper for the conference on recent game theoretic articles offering strategies with the potential to reduce free-riding in international climate negotiations. More specifically, I'm focusing on a recent paper by Geoffrey Heal and Howard Kunreuther, avaialable (behind a paywall) here, assessing prospects for "tipping sets" to more negotiations to a more cooperative equilibrium. I may post my comments later, after getting some feedback at the conference, which should be useful. Other participants include Harvard Law Prof., and former #2 in the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change, Jody Freeman, my good friend Jonathan Nash and his Emory colleague Bill Buzbee, Ann Carlson (UCLA), and Andre Greene (Toronto).

No comments:

Post a Comment