Saturday, September 17, 2011

MLEA 2011

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm attending the Midwest Law & Economics Association annual meeting here at IU, Bloomington. The conference has been really good this year. Very few of the papers (possibly including my own) have been duds; most have been really creative, interesting, and strongly argued. I'm especially impressed by some of the up and coming young scholars, who I think are likely to make major contributions to the field in the coming years. It speaks well of the organization (albeit one without any real hierarchy, but largely sustained by the work of my Maurer School colleague Jeff Stake) and its relatively informal and non-threatening culture that it attracts such talented young scholars.

The paper I presented, on the social cost of carbon, is at a fairly early stage, and I received some useful feedback, as I continue to work on it in the lead up to another presentation at the ABA Section on Environment, Energy and Resources next month in Indianapolis. I'll post an updated version of the (short) paper on this blog sometime in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment