Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blackburn 4 - Arsenal 3

I'm attending the Midwest Law & Economics Association conference this weekend in Bloomington, so I had to leave home at halftime, with Arsenal leading 2-1. Apparently, while I was actually making my presentation at the conference (on the social cost of carbon), Arsenal contrived to give up three second-half goals and lose 4-3. A very disappointing result, especially coming off a decent 1-1 draw at Dortmund in the Champion's League in mid-week. I probably wont' be far off the mark in guessing that Arsenal missed the presence of the again-injured Thomas Vermaelen in the center of defense. In the part of the game I actually saw, I must say that I thought Mikel Arteta looked a bit slow and indecisive on the ball (despite scoring Arsenal's second goal). On the other hand Gervinho and Alex Song were particularly impressive in the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment