Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Ride

I left Bloomington at 6:30 am to get to an 8 am ride in Indy with the Wilkes/Raynor group (sans Raynor, who apparently is in Iceland, really). It was great to see the guys after the layoff with the bad knee and the move to B'ton. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for a ride: bright sunshine, moderate temperature, low humidity, and almost no wind (at least for the first half of the ride). And at 54 miles it was more than double the length of my longest ride during the last two months. Although, to be fair, the 20-22-mile rides I've been doing in the Bloomington hills during the last couple of weeks probably equal a 30-35-mile ride on the flatter roads around Indy. On the other hand, I haven't been averaging 20 mph on rides around Bloomington.

Special thanks are in order to Mark Dewart, who pulled me along through much of the ride, and came back to get me on a few occasions when I dropped off the pace, and to Bill Bahret, who mapped a great route for us out to Jamestown and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment