Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adjusting to Cycling in Bloomington

I confess I'm having a hard time cycling both days of the weekend in hilly Bloomington. Even though I took it pretty easy riding with my son yesterday, I'm a bit sore this morning and finding it difficult to muster the energy to tackle the climbs two days in a row. The problem is, there aren't  many options around here for rides over 20 miles that do not involve one or more tough climbs. Consequently, I'm not spending as much time on the bike, or racking up as many miles, as I want/need to. If I were still in Indy, I'd be riding 150-180 miles per week. Here, I've yet to ride more than 60 or 70 miles in any one week. The only saving grace is that here, unlike in Indy, I'm able to commute to work on my bike; it's only a 20-minute ride each way (with about 260 feet of climbing), but it's nice being able to leave the car at home most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment