Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My New Kindle

I finally broke down and bought a Kindle DX (the big one). As part of my change of jobs, I'm trying to go more  paperless. The purpose of my Kindle is mainly for storing and reading the many pdf files I download each week. That should save a lot of paper, greatly reduce the clutter in my various offices, and hopefully, inspire me to actually read all the stuff I used to print out. I'll probably wind up putting some books on the Kindle as well, e.g., for trips. However, I will not cease all physical book buying. I still enjoy the feel and smell of real books. Holding the Kindle does not give the same satisfaction. Although, as compared with a heavy, 1000-page tome, I'd rather hold the Kindle.

One issue I have with the Kindle is that it is not the easiest device on which to organize papers into collections. I've tried and failed to do so using the Kindle folder that displays on my computer, after I've plugged the device into a USB port. Apparently, the only way to do it is manually, on the Kindle itself, which is a less than slick process, especially when you're trying to organize a dozen or more files at a go. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's found a short-cut around this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment