Tuesday, January 11, 2011

RIP: Roy Gardner 1947-2011

I just received notice that Roy Gardner has passed away. Roy was the Chancellor's Professor of Economics and Henry H.H. Remak Professor of West European Studies at Indiana University-Bloomington. Roy was also very active in the Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, which is where I got to know him. In fact, I recently had been wondering why I had not seen Roy in the last several months at the Workshop.

Roy was an expert in Game Theory, and a highly productive scholar. My personal favorite of his works is the book he wrote with Elinor Ostrom and Jimmy Walker, Rules, Games, and Common-Pool Resources (University of Michigan Press 1993). Roy was also a generous scholar, who always gave useful advice and comments on draft papers. He was a very smart and good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment