Monday, January 31, 2011

The Ice Storm Cometh

Indy is predicted to get 1" to 1.5" of ice overnight tonight and through the day on Tuesday. Here's the forecast map from Weather Underground:




















The IU School of Law - Indianapolis will close for weather only if the entire IUPUI campus is closed. In my experience, those responsible for making that decision are overly reluctant to close the campus. They do not seem averse to the risks students, faculty, and staff face in getting to school on icy roads.

If the law school does close tomorrow, students will receive an official notification. If the law school does not officially close, I will make my own risk assessment for myself and my students, and let them know if I decide to cancel my Climate Law & Policy class. If students receive no announcements, they should presume that classes are going ahead as scheduled.

UPDATE: Late this afternoon, in an unprecedented preemptive move, the IUPUI brain trust cancelled closed down the campus as of 5 pm, before road conditions had deteriorated much.

No comments:

Post a Comment