Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So Many Books, Too Little Time

There are too many interesting-looking new books on offer, and I have too little time to read them all. I'm sure this is a problem familiar to many scholars and avid readers. Just now, for example, I want to read:

Pauline Maier, Ratification: The People Debate the Constitution, 1787-1788 (Simon & Schuster 2010)

Edmund Morris, Colonel Roosevelt (Random House 2010)

Autobiography of Mark Twain, Vol I. (Univ. of California Press 2010)

Paul D. Halliday, Habeas Corpus: From England to Empire (Harvard 2010)

Mary Warnock, Dishonest to God: On Keeping Religion out of Politics (Continuum 2010)

Howard Jacobson, The Finkler Question (Bloomsbury USA 2010)

Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story (Random House 2010)

John Heilbron, Galileo (Oxford 2010)

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. It all makes me want to stop writing and just read.

No comments:

Post a Comment