Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Cold Weather Ride of the Season

I count any ride in temperatures under 45 degrees (Fahrenheit) as a cold-weather ride. Today, was the first of the season for me. The temperature was 36-37 degrees, and winds were blowing from the west at 10-15 mph. I met a small group at Fishback Academy. For the first hour, we rode all the climbs around Traders Point (I totaled about 950 feet of climbing for the ride). A few riders went home after the hills, but Karl, Mark and I continued out for a zone 2-to-3 (endurance-to-tempo pace) ride out to Brownsburg, then up to Fayette, then back to Fishback Academy and home.

I hate putting on all the layers, but at least I got the recipe right today - not too hot, hot too cold. And while riding west into the wind was not fun, at least the sun was warm on our faces. Pretty soon, we'll be wishing for these kinds of temps and winds for riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment