Thursday, August 12, 2010

Panda Color

I was showin my brother a cool Def Poetry video on YouTube and he says "Eh, I'm not feelin it." Then he says: "Glenn, I've noticed that you seemed to be attracted to things that are --- non-white."

Yeah, and your point is?

{Transition}

My wife told me that I only married her because she is Mexican.
What!? That hurt my feeling.
I said to her, "If you want to over simplify -- I married you because you're not white."
Like my friend said:

"You know what the problem with white people is? Lack of pigmentation."


When I was a kid a liked three things

Number 1: Black and White animals

Number 2: Half and half swirled ice cream cones.

Number 3: One stuffed animal.


My brother is wrong. I do like white things.

Number 1: I like milk ... with coffee

Number 2: I like rice ... with soy sauce.

Number 3: I like vanilla... chocolate chip icecream ... with chocolate syrup.


When we were at the gift shop at the San Diego Wild Animal park -- I was curious to know if my daughter would like the cute little stuffed panda the way I did. She didn't. She looked through all the lions, tigers, bears, birds, snakes, and picked... a quail.

I guess brown and gray are the new black and white.


What did you like when you were a kid - and still like now?

No comments:

Post a Comment